Reduced order techniques are good choices when the system in question has many interacting components, where each component can be described using well known physics. Reduced order models especially excel when components in the system span several problem domains, such as electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc.
Simulink/Simscape System Modeling
GLSV has the capability to deliver complex multi-domain models using the industry standard MathWorks Simulink and Simscape software packages. Using these tools, we can deliver broad system models which capture the complex interdynamics between components in a system. These models can help clients to prove performances, understand failure modes, and improve efficiencies in systems which would be difficult to design using conventional techniques.
- Quick model solution times allow for rapid iteration, allowing engineers to quickly validate models and deliver results
- Multi-domain solvers capture complex inter-component dynamics which would be hard to understand using conventional design techniques.
- Mechanical, solid body motion, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, two phase and thermal fluids, plane wave acoustics, and many other domains can be included in the same model
- Wide range of core components can be used to quickly build a physical model of even the most complicated component. If the physics of a component are not understood, empirical data can be used to generate black box models.
- Multi resolution models can be leveraged such that a model is started by capturing first order dynamics, and then higher dynamics are added as necessary
- Speeds up model delivery time by avoiding unnecessary complications
- Provides strong insight into which effects the system is sensitive to, which can guide design requirements
Reduced Order Exhaust Acoustic and Flow Modeling
Reduced order models allow for rapid iteration on exhaust silencer designs. The models produce results for both flow restriction and acoustic pressure level, and can predict overall levels, transmission or insertion loss of a design. Advanced global optimization techniques can be used to automate the search for a solution across the domain of possible mufflers.
- Models can be solved orders of magnitude faster than full 3d solutions, allowing for quick searching across the domain of possible silencers
- Provides solutions for both the acoustics and flow performance of a muffler, yielding comprehensive solutions which meet all design requirements.
- Wide range of individual elements can be combined into complex models. All common silencer elements can be simulated, allowing for the simulation of virtual any silencer. Custom elements can be added manually if characteristics of silencer element are known.